Crisis Assistance Ministry’s mission is to provide assistance and advocacy for people in financial crisis, helping them move toward self-sufficiency. Our vision is to inspire our community to justice and generosity as we provide help, hope, and understanding to people struggling with limited financial resources.
Our agency was established in 1975 by local faith leaders to address the rising threat of homelessness in Mecklenburg County by providing emergency financial assistance to prevent eviction and utility disconnection. In the decades since, the community has come to rely on us as a central coordinator of most all non-food basic needs via the Basic Needs Program. This program creates child and family stability, a critical first step to improving economic mobility. Services provided in this program stabilize families in financial crisis by providing emergency rent and utility assistance, financial counseling, clothing, household goods, furniture, beds, appliances, and food referrals when hunger is present.
The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for supporting and executing the agency’s comprehensive marketing and communications strategy in digital channels. This position develops creative content, optimizes messages across digital platforms, and engages users to create an interactive relationship between Crisis Assistance Ministry and its audiences. This role is the agency’s primary photographer and videographer.
Marketing and Branding
• Uphold and advance the agency’s mission and brand while creatively telling the story of the strength and resilience of those served at Crisis Assistance Ministry
• Ensure adherence to brand standards and style guidelines in all digital communications
• Manage and update agency’s web presence, including main website, volunteer management system, and special microsites
• Conduct quality assurance testing to ensure proper page/site functioning
• Collaborate with other staff to identify, develop, and manage agency blog content (e.g., customer stories, editorials, and news items) and integrate across digital platforms
• Develop and implement Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies for website optimization
• Provide regular reporting on website analytics and growth
• Manage relevant external vendor relationships (web developer, Google AdWords contract, etc.) to further digital efficacy and impact
• Create and post all agency content on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, and other social media platforms
• Manage agency social media pages, including events, activity, messages, and mentions, responding to and interacting with users in a timely and courteous manner
• Monitor social media feeds for mission-relevant content and share/comment/repost, as appropriate
• Drive social sharing and engagement to new heights via engaging and innovative content
• Accompany agency representatives to community events for Facebook Live and social posting
• Execute annual, quarterly, and monthly social media strategic plans
• Provide regular reporting on social media analytics and growth
• Monitor, recommend and implement applicable social media trends and developments
Photography and Video Production
• Produce high quality and engaging video content for the website and social media, finding creative ways to tell the stories of customers, donors, volunteers, and staff
• Produce and maintain a library of high-quality photographs to support digital and print communications
• Manage every aspect of video production, taking video projects from concept to delivery, including recording, trimming, and sequencing footage, adding music, graphics, and effects, and creating rough and final cuts
Leadership, Passion, and Teamwork
• Proven passion for serving people in poverty
• Highly collaborative and energized by the values of Crisis Assistance Ministry and working in a fast-paced environment
• Excited about working in a rapidly changing environment with people dedicated to customer dignity
Skills and Expertise
• Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills
• Self-motivated; ability to work independently and as a team member
• Comfort supporting the development and fundraising goals in a nonprofit environment
• Experienced user of Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Demonstrable skills in WordPress, web design, Adobe Creative Suite, and Google Analytics
• Proficiency in photography and video production
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field
• Minimum 2 years’ experience executing and managing digital media campaigns, which may include SEO, social media, and video, as well as short-form writing (e.g., blog posts, online articles)
• SEO experience and strong understanding of organic search optimization and related strategies
• Excellent written communication skills with strong attention to detail for editing and proofreading
• Strong creative instincts and social media expertise
Salary and benefits:
• Salary commensurate with experience
• Comprehensive benefits package offered to all qualified employees, including medical, dental and vision insurance, defined contribution (matching) retirement plans, vacation and generous paid holidays, life insurance, supplemental life insurance, dependent life insurance, accidental death, and dismemberment insurance, flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care), sick leave and short-term disability leave, FMLA leave when eligible, and employee assistance program (EAP).
• Submit an application here: crisisassistance.applicantpro.com/jobs
Crisis Assistance Ministry is an equal opportunity employer and is firmly committed to supporting and celebrating all forms of diversity. Crisis Assistance Ministry does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, national origin, disability, political beliefs, veteran status, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law in the administration employment and hiring policies, or other agency-administered programs.
Any individual with a disability who needs any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act to apply for a position or otherwise to participate in Crisis Assistance Ministry’s job search/selection process should contact Human Resources at 704.371.3001 x112.